Control sulphur and boost output
Sulphur compounds are released during fermentation which can severely disrupt the biogas process as they interfere with methane generation. And the problem doesn’t stop there as the compounds also cause odour and corrosion problems.
It’s why plant owners and operators rely on us to provide a simple and effective solution that, once added to the digester, halts sulphur concentration and secures high methane output.
The high sulphur
Disruption of microbiology
- Inhibition of methane formation
- Precipitation of trace elements
- Killing of methane bacteria
Damage to machinery
- Adverse effect on components
- Corrosion in system
- Higher emissions
Damage to CHP
- Acidification of engine oil
- Corrosion of engine parts
- Loss of warranty
Methatec Detox S Desulphurisation Agents
MethaTec® Detox S powders are a range of powdered desulphurising agents, users will benefit from:
- Completely fermentable papersacks
- Increasing availability of micronutrients
- Non-corrosive product
- High purity & low heavy metal content
METHATEC DETOX S DIRECT
- 30% Fe component,
- Extremely small particle size ensures immediate distribution and effect,
- Suitable for short retention times,
- Fast sulphur binding,
- No settling or floating due to the specific density of this product.
Download our MethaTec Detox S Direct Specification. Adobe Acrobat reader is required for this PDF. (34kb download)
METHATEC DETOX S RAPID
- 40% Fe component,
- Suitable for plants with medium to high retention times,
- Contains fast and slow acting components giving a fast reaction and longer lasting effect.
Download our MethaTec Detox S Rapid Specification. Adobe Acrobat reader is required for this PDF. (503kb download)
METHATEC DETOX S PREMIUM
- 50% Fe component,
- Specially designed for systems with longer retention times,
- Contains slow acting components which react as needed over time.
Download our MethaTec Detox S Premium Specification. Adobe Acrobat reader is required for this PDF. (112kb download)
Product Recommendation - Desulphurisation
|Product||Iron Content||Plant Suitability||Suitable for Retention times||Classification of Hazardous Substances||Packaging|
|MethaTec® Detox S Direct||30%*||Short retention time / Quick response||< 30 days||Non-hazardous||20kg bag**|
|MethaTec® Detox S Rapid||40%*||Medium/Long retention time||30 - 50 days||Non-hazardous||20kg bag**|
|MethaTec® Detox S Premium||50%*||Long retention time||50 days +||Non-hazardous||20kg bag** / 1.000kg Big Bag|
* Depending on dry matter content.
** Fully fermentable bags.